The Driving School, situated in Arundel, Gold Coast has been in the business of heavy vehicle instruction since 1999. We offer professional training in a fleet of modern air-conditioned vehicles for Queensland and NSW licences. Our first time pass rates are consistently above 90% which is well above the industry average.
Licence Classes offered:
- Light Rigid $80 per hour
- Medium Rigid $100 per hour
- Heavy Rigid $110 per hour (3 licence options, depending on gearbox code)
- Heavy Combination $130 per hour (3 licence options, depending on gearbox code)
- Multi Combination (3 licence options, depending on gearbox code)
- NSW Licences (LR, MR, HR, HC and MC with different gearbox codes)
” Licence in a Day” Training Courses are available for LR, MR, HR condition B (synchromesh / automatic) gearbox option and HC Licences
- LR Licence in a Day costs $350
- MR Licence in a Day costs $650
- HR Licence in a Day condition B (synchromesh / automatic gearbox) costs $750
- HC Licence in a Day costs $850
Whilst licence in a day for a HR or HC open unrestricted (road ranger gearbox) is an unrealistic goal for a beginner, average is 12 hours training, we can certainly organise a condensed training course over several days for you.
- HR open Unrestricted Condensed Training Course costs $1,400
- HC open Unrestricted Condensed Training Course costs $1,600
Condensed training courses are also offered for the MC (Multi Combination) Licences. Practical training is done on a one on one basis (not in a group, using a sleeper cab)
- HR to MC costs $2,200 (3 day course, $1,500 if assessed on day 2)
- HC to MC costs $1,500 (2 day course)
Refresher training and on site assessment can also be done in our vehicles or alternatively in yours or your employers.
Lessons are available from Monday – Saturday from 6.00 am – last lesson goes out at 4.30 pm (mid pm on Saturdays).
We also offer training on Sundays for the MC and HR / HC condensed courses.
We are also able to offer practical driving tests on Saturdays from our facility in Arundel.
Visit – www.thedrivingschool.com.au for more information